Sunday, August 21, 2016

Last day.

Today is the last day of my leave. It seems like I have been off for ages, a real break. Its the first time we have spilt the holidays like this and I quite liked it. Go away as soon as we finish work for a ' holiday' then have time at home staycationing after. We seem to have done loads.


We met friends for Sunday lunch and walked around the harbourside


Drove to the beach for the day


explored Tintern Abbey


took a train ride to Bath


enjoyed the high tides, including the hound who likes to splash!

We have been to the mall, completed the back to school shopping, had dinner at a friends house, took grandad to the races and  had a cinema trip, went to watch an 'away' rugby game. Its been a great few weeks off, I have enjoyed being with my family not having deadlines or things to do and places to go. And more importantly not having work stress!

Today shall be spent at home, its raining again, hubs is planning to finish painting the kitchen, I plan to tackle the ironing mountain, I keep putting it off.  no 1 son will continue to look for a part time job to fit in around his voluntary work at The Zoo farm. No 2 son wants to bake a cake then paint his warhammer models. Somewhere in between I hope to get the dog out for a nice long walk, then a relaxing evening is planned with an early night as its back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...