Saturday, September 21, 2019

New Job and a knitting retreat.

All required documents and occupational health clearance have been completed, I have the contract and its signed. Start date for the new job is 4th October,  2 weeks and counting.

I'm going back to my previous organisation, same team, but different role and different line manager, I am assured that things have much improved since I left back in February.  As I was one of the staff on the redundancy list with the current job, I am able to waive the required 8 weeks notice period so its been a really quick turn around ! Relieved to be honest, working for an organisation that's wrapping up is not good, plenty of my colleagues not on the TUPE list are yet to find jobs, I've been pretty lucky.

Its a good time to wrap up a job as next weekend I am off on a knitting retreat in Cornwall! This year I have wanted to push my self out of my little hermit shell and do things on my wish list. For those that know  me this is quite a big thing, going away with a group of people I dont know. Not something that I would normally do, but its booked, its paid for and I will be setting off next Friday.  I am a little hesitant, but in my experience knitting folk can be pretty friendly people so am hopeful it will be a fun weekend. Worse case scenario I pack up and head to my Cornish friends house for teh weekend !

Obviously as I am off to a knitting retreat I needed a whole new fresh project to take. I've broken my yarn buying ban and grabbed this pile of gorgeousness.


not a dreary colour in sight. More subtle in real life, more a golden autumnal yellow and an inky blue.

I am off to  New York in December, (another off the wish list,invited to go with friends, hubs said yes!) and its going to be cold. I need a jumper, I actually own FEW little sweaters and rarely wear them, being a big lass I am generally warm. Thinking I need a lightweight sweater that can be worn ontop of a long sleeve top and fit under the coat.

Pushing myself out of the comfort knitting zone this is what I am planning.......



By Marie Amelie Designs. 
Photo from pattern page. 

I think it would be a miracle if I get this done before December !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...