Monday, October 28, 2019

Weekending.

Saturday was a bit of a washout. It hammered down all day. Hubs and the boys were away so it was just me and the hound. He sulks when they leave him.I dragged him out midday for a walk, much to his disgust, he does have a coat, but the combination of wind and rain really doesn't do it for him.


I love the walk down here to the riverbank, its a little alley of trees that opens up onto a great huge open space that runs along the river.It was pretty boggy underfoot, but I got to take my new wellies out for a run !


Supershiny, navy blue beauties. Rather expensive for wellies but when you've got fat calves whats a girl to do. I can actually get these on and tuck my jeans in. I always struggle with wellies, have never found a long, up to the knee boot that I can get on, always end up with shorties. These though are in between. Love them. They will definitely be worn a lot this winter, and hopefully for many more to come.

As the hubs/boys were due home Saturday night I put a beef curry in the slow cooker for them, I did all the laundry, so impressed with my new tumble drier, no more clothes airers and radiators full of wet things.Then after a quick tidy round, I sat and knitted on this beauty



Its the 'Dust of snow' wrap by Helen Stewart.
This is one of teh pictures from her pattern page


I'm missing out all the fancy lace bits and just doing continuous garter stitch. Its a fab pattern, using up a lot of my mini skeins held double with some kidsilk mohair


Luckily I bought 3 skeins from Chester wool as I am a bit of a addict to this at the moment, this is now waiting patiently to be cast on as well


That's my own hand dyed yarn from the knitting retreat


We're off to Newyork for a few nights in December and I am thinking its going to be cold.Might need to knock a quick pair of mitts too.

The hubs/boys rolled in just after 7 Saturday night, as England had won their match there were a little happy, so it was a quiet evening in front of the TV.

Sunday, an extra hour in bed meant I woke at 4.30am not the usual 5.30, sometimes it would be nice to have a lie in. Stayed in bed a while and finally gave up. Made a cuppa and decided to tidy up my blog and try to get back into blog mode. I'd also been given the details of a secure field you can rent for dogs. Given Frank doesn't like other dogs, our dog trainer gave us the details of this field so that he can run and chase balls, when he's out he has to be muzzled and kept on a lead. Managed to register and book a couple of slots in the week. Weekends seem to be pretty full.

We took him down to the beach today, but as the sun was shining , it was busy and loads of dogs running around made it a bit stressful, but his training does seem to be working as long as dogs are at a distance.


It was quite warm in the sun, so much so took my coat off and was walking in my long sleeve t-shirt. What a glorious day. Came home and cooked a Shepherds pie ready for dinner then decided to crack on with the hat.

Grr, I just couldn't get the hang of double pins, the Iris hat was also top down so you start with 12 stitches, well I just couldn't get it, there is a reason that I dont knit with double pins, that's because I hate them. Knitting is a pleasure, my safe comfy hobby. Can't be doing with having a pattern that makes me irritated,so gave up on that.

Searched around for something else I could use the yarn for, and came up with this little beauty


The Hat, from plucky knitter,( photo from her pattern page).

Easy cast on and super simple pattern, so far am loving it.



Sunday evening was finished off with TV knitting, the new  David Attenborough series, Seven worlds, one planet. started last night and it didn't disappoint. Wow, is all I can say. If you haven't watched it I would definitely go find it.

I was so engrossed with my knitting and the TV I completely forgot to finish this post and post it !, hence you are getting it this morning before I head off to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...