Saturday, November 16, 2019

Treated myself.

Had a really busy week at work which included a mid week early start as had to head off to Caerphilly for a meeting. 


What you cant see in this photo was the snow ! yes, you heard right, we had a small flurry of snow. I had to get a bus to the station, then it to took 2 trains to get to Caerphilly. It was blooming freezing. Made me realise that my coat is actually pretty crap at keeping me warm, it's great for keeping me dry though.

Being a fat bird trying to find a decent coat can be a bit of a  night mare. I really dont mind what I'm looking like when I walk the dog, but for work and going out I really would like something half decent look-wise. 

I hate going clothes shopping, so it was online shopping for me. I actually found something I like, they had it in my size and was next day delivery, result.It came today.



I sized up, (if you buy from Simply Be website they do a good range of large plus sizes) so I could also fit a chunky sweater underneath as well. Really pleased with it, it looks fab and is really snuggly! I am wondering if I should have got a smaller size though, I seem to think I'm fatter than I actually am. I've ordered the next size down just to make sure !

Today I also treated myself to a haircut. After a disastrous short haircut back in May, I haven't had it cut since. I spent the summer wearing hairbands so I could get the layers down past the bottom of my ears ! It feels so good not to have to wear blooming hairbands anymore, also felt a  bit stupid at my age wearing hairbands to be honest !

I've taken the dog out for a walk, did some knitting, still trying to get this blooming colourwork done,




the boys have gone to rugby, Hubs is home with man flu ( the real thing ) and I've not done a jot of housework. Its fab, just how a Saturday should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...