Friday, February 12, 2021

A change of scenary.

A week of a lockdown holiday  which included my Birthday deserved a change of scenery. 

Staying within Covid guidelines, we headed to the harbourside for our daily walk. Blimey it was freezing. 

No 2 son came along to stretch his legs and break the monotony of university life at home. We had a nice circular walk around the harbourside. Hubs kept his mask on and I had my new cowl on which was pulled right up to my nose to keep warm, so made me feel a bit safer as there were quite a few people about on one side of the river. I have got quite adverse to having people around me know and I am amazed at how many people really don't stick to guidelines, especially as we have the Bristol Variant in the city. But it was lovely and I was reminded at how beautiful our city is and how much I miss being able to fully enjoy it. 









Then it was home to enjoy a hot drink and some chocolate brownie that was gifted to me


Then I sat and knit on my bee sweatier whilst hubs and his friend started on the hard standing for the van


 We've lost our little sundown corner and have also had to lose a bit of the veg patch which included one of the raised beds and a pear tree! My garden now looks like a war zone, the yellow brick structure you can see at the top of the pic is our air raid shelter !

We're hoping it doesn't rain as our level is now lower than next doors garden and the fence is at a slant, hopefully the ground will stay frozen until its all been dug out and the stones go in,  or we fear her lovely garden may start to sink into ours if we get rain in the interim. The last digging session will happen tomorrow with a mini digger, then hopefully the stones will come in soon ready to be compacted. Then its fence and double gates to make it safe for the new van to come home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...