Thursday, August 12, 2021

The Merthyr Mermaid.

Tuesday night I picked up on a programme about  Cath Pendleton , alternatively known as the Merthyr Mermaid.


Cath is a cold water / ice swimmer and is a Guinness world  record holder as the first woman to swim 1 mile in the Arctic Polar Circle. Cath has also swum the English Channel.

Some of you may remember I have taken up swimming recently and go before work most days. I'm still struggling with getting 20 lengths done in my half hr slot, but dream of being strong enough to actually go for a proper swim  in the sea.  2 problems with that I don't live near the sea and have a Fish phobia...  

However, she really inspired me to keep at it, she demonstrated that if you have a passion or a goal and you keep working towards it you can achieve them. 

BBC are running the  series called ' Our Lives'  currently, its also available on BBC I Player for catch ups. If you like hearing about about  people working towards their dreams then it's a good series to watch. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done that lady! You will achieve your goal with the determination you have, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I broke my record and managed 22 laps in half an hr today...

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...