Friday, February 18, 2022

The Birthday weekend.

 How is it Friday already? 

I hope you are all safe out there, its been a bit wild here, the greenhouse has taken the major hit and now needs a lot of new panes of glass. 

Last weekend was my birthday weekend away. what a fabulous time we had despite some wet weather.

The apartment was stunning

and had fabulous views over the harbour




We arrived on Friday, mid afternoon. Hubs was feeling a bit rough with a cold, not covid, we did the tests. So whilst I unpacked he went off for a snooze. The view was so great we stayed in the apartment until about 5 when we headed down to the harbour for a few drinks and a meal.









Saturday looked promising so Hubs and I set off early for a walk and breakfast before the rain hit.

















The afternoon was spent just gazing out over the harbour in the rain, hubs watching rugby, me just enjoying some real peace and quite. I may have even had an afternoon nap !
Saturday night we walked down to the harbour again and grabbed a pizza.

Sundays weather was blooming awful, we had a slow steady morning and headed out later in the day and managed to grab a lovely Sunday roast.


 
We were lucky enough to spot 2 common dolphins swimming about in the harbour, difficult to grab a great pic though.

Monday was pack up and go home day, and yes the sun came out, typical.




I had a fabulous weekend, I felt really relaxed and like I had had a proper break. The apartment was gorgeous and I loved watching the busy harbour with all the fishing boats coming in and out. I will definitley go back.

Back to work on Tuesday and it doesn't feel like I have actually stopped until now.
I really need to sort my blogging out, I am so behind with everyone's blogs.
Hopefully I can catch up over the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're OK after the storm but what a shame about your greenhouse. That's a lovely place and great photos and I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday trip away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Hubby will replace the glass so not too much of a problem.

      Delete
  2. Oh what a wonderful break; I could do with one of those - rain or no rain! Sorry to hear about the greenhouse, especially now that your Spring will show up soon.
    -Dar @ anexactinglife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dar, it will soon be fixed and as hubby is now retired it will give him a job !

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...