Tuesday, February 8, 2022

A Cornish weekend.

I escaped away for a Cornish weekend. Just me on my lonesome, off to visit Cornish Friend. 

Its a bit of a trek down from Bristol but well worth it for some sea air. I took the train so managed to get  some reading time in which is always a bonus. 

Lovely manager allowed me to finish early so I arrived about 7pm on Friday night. Lovely friend had made dinner so we just had a chilled night in. 

Saturday we decided to head up to Godrevy to see the seals and as the sun decided to come out for a while we sat and watched the sea and enjoyed the view. 

Then it was off down to Marazion for a good walk for her hound. The weather had turned a bit b y then , it was quite blustery. We bought hot drinks and sat a while watching the wind and wing surfers and enjoyed a blustery walk along the beach. 

Friend who is a great cook had rustled up a fabulous curry so we sat in front of a lovely fire as the wind and rain kicked in .

Sunday Morning was blooming awful so we had a slow morning reading then headed out for lunch before I had to head back home.

Unfortunately they are doing track works on weekends so I had to swap trains for buses at some points of the journey home but it didn't add too long to my journey. 

I had a marvellous time and cant wait to do it all again.














It's my Birthday month so I may well be sneaking in another weekend away this week ! 

8 comments:

  1. Godrevy!!!! What a brilliant idea; I've been wondering where I could go now that I'm able to drive again after a successful eye surgery and that would be marvellous. Just over 50 miles from my home - so off to check out sites. Thanks, Anjie. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great place, I love going to check out the seals.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful weekend. Its so good to meet up with a friend once more isn't it, and I do love Cornwall. Glad you had a good time 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it was lovely, and nice to go when its not packed full of tourists.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely weekend :) my birthday month too - important to have small treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a lovely birthday month too and get some treats along the way.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a lovely weekend with your friend and your photos are lovely. It was very blustery here at the weekend, I abandoned my beach walk with the pup. The weekend track works are a nuisance aren't they but at least you made it back home in good time. Wishing you a Happy Birthday and enjoy your next weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, its always nice to spend time with her and her hound and get some sneaky Cornish sea air in.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...