Monday, February 28, 2022

February 22.

This year is whizzing by, I can't believe it's March tomorrow. 

It's been a full month, my birthday month  A whole year older. 

So what did February look like this year?

3 storms hit, luckily we came away with only a few panes of class missing from the greenhouse.

My biggest achievement this month was getting my request to do a 9 day working fortnight agreed. That means I am still fulltime but get every other Monday off, adding those hours to the other 9 days in my working fortnight. My next work goal would be to achieve a 4 day week. Still pondering how to do that as very reluctant to lose income at the moment.


My first time back in the office since March 2020 and this was my view from a whole different desk. I'm still predominantly working from home though.

The biggest and best surprise was Rosie. We took a while finding the right time to get another hound, then the opportunity to get Rosie came along quite quickly.



Stopping at Porthcawl on the way back from visiting Rosie for the first time,  


We are all so excited to bring her home, this was a picture I took during a zoom call with her, 2 weeks old and her eyes are now open. She is such a sweetie. 

Very Lucky to have had 2 trips away this month


A solo weekend away to see my friend in Cornwall

Followed by a birthday weekend away in Brixham with the hubby


I made time to get to Clevedon to see my friend and take a walk


I  read 3 books



All linked on my 2022 book list tab. I enjoyed all of them but my favourite was probably The impulse Purchase. I am having a severe case of wanting to read chic lit but having none on my book pile...

I finally got the stand for my rigid heddle loom that Hubby bought me for Christmas so took the opportunity to get it set up


Still working it out but quite pleased with my first attempt.

Yet again went back to slimming group, I keep at it hoping at some point my willpower will kick in and I will shift more than a few pounds. I am getting increasingly more aware of the impact my weight is having on my health.


Despite my grand plans not to cast on any new knitting projects, I succumbed to a new one


Pics from the website, Tribe Yarns.


My colour choices, October Sky kit.


I absolutely love the yarn and the pattern is teaching me lots of new skills. I am part of a mini knit along so making some new friends along the way too.

Monthly review posts reflection:

 I choose what to blog and only tend to post the good stuff. A positive' look back' for me to remember all the good stuff when my mind is focussing on the bad stuff. 

This month's post has proven tricky and I did feel somewhat uncomfortable posting  this given what is going on in the world right now. [choosing not to discuss world politics or war on my blog]. 

I am thankful to have a job, be surrounded by my family and fabulous friends and have a life full of  experiences and opportunity without fear.

I am thinking I may need to balance my blog a bit more.

4 comments:

  1. Rosie is adorable, she's changed so much in a week, gorgeous really gorgeous!
    We all only post the good stuff so don't worry you're not alone in that. It's a worry what is happening in the world right now but it's out of our control, we can only watch from afar. My thoughts and prayers are for the people of Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is adorable, I cant wait until she comes home.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of that Veronica Henry book, so I've added it to my Wish List on Amazon until the price drops a bit. Like you, I'm looking for light reading at present, with so much bad news and sorrow going on in the world. Although my thoughts and prayers are with the Ukrainian people, I feel utterly helpless about the situation and I need light reading to occupy my thoughts, rather than listening to the news. Looking forward to Rosie coming home and seeing more photos - she's such a little darling. Will you be able to take her to work with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you I feel utterly helpless with what is going on in Ukraine, its so difficult to understand why..
      No Rosie wont be able to come to work with me if i have to go to office but hubby is now retired so she will be with him when i'm not around.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...