Thursday, August 10, 2023

Cheddar Bridge, another weekend away.

Last weekend we took Stan the van off on another Jolly. This time down to Cheddar Bridge which is just under an hour away from home. We met up with hubs brother and  his wife and we both took our hounds.


The weather was ok, we had 1 major down pour on Saturday afternoon but sat under the awning  and managed to stay reasonably dry. Sunday we had a little walk around Cheddar and the sun made an appearance long enough to grab a drink from the local pub and sit outside. The site has the river running alongside which made for some lovely dog walks.
















It was a lovely weekend, we decided to stay the Sunday night to make the most of it so we got up early so I was back home in time to log on for work. One of the many benefits of working from home part of the week is the lack of commuting into an office.

This weekend we are off away again, Stan is staying parked up and we are driving down to visit our Cornish friend. I am working until 3 tomorrow so am hoping the Bristol Friday night exodus south that normally occurs is less so this week as its school holidays. If not it could take quite a while to get there!

2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely, I am sure I visited there are a child but do not remember much.
    I am in awe of your energy levels - I have been away once recently in my van, but I am still catching up with myself despite being home for a fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, it is exhausting, I'm looking forward to hibernating over winter!

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...