Wednesday, August 9, 2023

WIP Wednesday, baby knitting!

 Nope, there are no grand children on the horizon, one of the young girls at work is expecting her 2nd and its a girl. I gently asked if she liked handknits on babies, and to my surprise she turned out to be a knitter! I asked if I could knit a thing or 2 for the baby, she's due in December so prime handknit season, and she said yes. So here I am knitting baby garments. 

How exciting shopping for pink baby wool! this is what I chose


It reminds me of a Neapolitan ice cream. Yarn sorted next was a pattern. I wanted some thing easy to put on and not fussy. I came across the Eliza cardigan  and thought it fit the bill perfectly.  Its a free pattern on Marianna's blog. Worth a look as she has loads or patterns!

This is such a quick knit, easily done in a few days, and as a result I am almost done. I just need to finish the sleeve, sew them up and weave in the ends then find some dinky little buttons and it will be ready to go. I may have bought some more yarn for another  baby knit


2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, I love multi-coloured wools. When I used to crochet they always made me do more than I meant to as I loved seeing the colour changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a lovely change to knit small things.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...