Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The in-between .

 Conscious that I post lots about my trips away I wanted to post what happens in between


Work, is what happens. I work 34 hours per week over 4 days. Mostly I'm sat at a desk, but somedays, like today, I actually get to meet with real people. I really enjoy going out and about and am making more of a concerted effort to do so, even if that includes going into the main office. Today was a visit to a little hospital in Wales.  I am really lucky that my employer has adopted hybrid working but I do need to be mindful that it is easy to get very isolated working from home.

In the evenings I generally don't go out on a work nights, I read or knit or maybe go for a walk. Hubs cooks the meals as he is now retired, lucky devil. He always cooks from fresh and is still managing to get some fresh stuff from our garden


He did really well with Tomatoes this year, which is great as I love them! Lots of different varieties and sizes are to be had. The trouble is I have a habit of eating them like fruit and its quite easy for me to eat his daily pickings.

The evenings are  the time we get to spend some time together as a family, the boys will join us intermittently throughout the evening depending on what we are doing or watching, and if we are all home at the same time we always eat together. No 2 son starts a new job tomorrow which will include evening work, and with no 1 son also working late in the evenings it looks like hubs and I will be getting less family dinners. Maybe ill get more romantic meals for 2 đŸ˜€

And that's it, nothing exciting just me and a quiet life in-between adventures.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a good year for tomatoes here too, I've been supplying the family with them as there's been far too many for our own needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, we are still getting loads, which is great as I love tomatoes.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...