Monday, June 23, 2014

freeing up the weekend ....

My weekends have always been spent completing household chores, its a bit of an obsession with me, I have routines you know! It drives hubs mad but at last  I have come to realise its a waste of a weekend!

Hubs tentatively asked if I wanted to go for a picnic on Sunday, expecting the response, ' I have too much to do' especially as I had worked Saturday. But blow me down I said YES! Well why not? The sun was shining and it was too darned hot to be busy cleaning.

Much discussion was had, where to go, what to do, negotiating with teenagers, no 1 son declining to join us , and off we set.. We headed into Wales, making the most of the last free bridge crossings as my season tag is due to expire this week, I shan't be needing it after next week ! [new job back in England]




The day was glorious as we set off, hardly any traffic, but soon we discovered everyone else had the same plan as us, boy was it busy, as we had the dog we had planned on finding a nice spot by the river, settle down to a picnic and while away the afternoon.After an hour of driving to the usual haunts we just couldn't park, any where ! we decided to cut our loses and head to Monmouth for a walk around the town, then try and find somewhere to stop and eat the picnic. I was pleasantly surprised..

we found a river walk in the town




explored the old parts of the city





climbed some steps, rather overgrown





 to cross a bridge, to find we could get right down to the river



maxy boy loved it





unfortunately there were cows in sprinting distance so we couldn't risk letting him run free, he loves a good chase !

We did a full circle walk and came back into the town through a lovely old archway





The town had history in abundance, I could have walked for a while, wandering through the little streets full of fab little shops, but it was Sunday, most were closed and we were getting a trifle hot and bothered,







so we went to the town square to partake of a very cold beverage !





Feeling refreshed we headed back to the car  to try to organise our fabulous picnic..we drove a short while and found a little spot, it was an in car picnic, nowhere to get out but we did have a view of the river, just! and then it was homeward bound, the remainder of the day was sat in the garden reading and partaking of some Pims.. bliss..


I have thoroughly enjoyed my weekend and really didn't miss the housework at all, unfortunately the housework missed me and is still waiting patiently for my return..Housework and I are currently negotiating new terms, my offer is 1 hour a night, week days only and time off for good behaviour at the weekend.. I think I may just win this one..

1 comment:

  1. I usually leave all the housework to the weekends so I'm thinking about doing the same thing, parcelling it out to week nights instead.

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...