Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hogs in the hayfield !

Yesterday was a work day, but not a typical work day. The local Harley Davidson owners group [hogs] have chosen us as their charity of the year, so we were invited to go along and set up a stall!





We arrived at 9.30 am and wow it was hot already, we had absolutely no shade, and the day was set to be a scorcher.we got ourselves organised and was ready at 11 am to go and watch the ride out, wow, that was a sight, Harleys are beautiful bikes and the sound! I think I am a little in love with them,  When the ride out had gone, it was quiet so I was able to take a break and find a piece of shade, luckily I had bought my knitting , I also had a very cold beer! just the one, I was driving..



The riders came back from the ride out mid afternoon, and boy did things start to liven up! Don't get me wrong, they are a fabulous group of people, very friendly and welcoming..But they had just returned from their ride, it was a hot day and there was live music, so lets just say, spirits were high!





I particularly liked this beauty..





I had an amazing day, it was an experience that I am never likely to have again, leaving the job means I will not be part of any further adventures with The Hogs !, I wish we had planned to camp over, I did not want the day to end..This wonderful memory cost me nothing except giving up my Saturday and a little bit of hard work, I am so glad I did it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...