Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Taking shape.

A while back we were lucky enough to be given a greenhouse, it just had to be dismantled and then rebuilt.Its a bit of a whopper and hubs loves it. We were a bit late off the start line this year but finally things are looking green.





Hubs is now tidying up around the sides, there's a membrane to put down and then I would like some blue gravel, no flowers in garden due to mad dog and teenage boys! and we need some colour, I'm hoping it would look a bit like a little stream ! the poor pot plants were eaten to death within days..





Inside its gone crazy, its a fabulous green oasis, I cant take any responsibility for it, hubs has done all the hard work..We still need to get some fixtures and fittings, but for now the drawers are doing the storage job..





Behind the greenhouse there's a veg patch starting to come to life, we have had a hot few weeks and the ground is dry, plenty of watering to be done here, but again hubs is doing a bit each night, hes even grown some sunflowers for me, which have now been planted in the veg plot, what a sweety, I love them and had sunflowers as my bridal bouquet ! I am hoping the good weather continues as last year it was so wet most of the root veg rotted, keep your fingers crossed for us...





We are starting to harvest some things now, mainly lettuce and cucumbers, given the price of salad stuff its a bonus, as its his homegrown produce hubs decided to start building dinner tonight





The tomatoes are shop bought, we have some growing but they are not quite ready yet, and the cucumber has a rather dubious hole, but by the time the prawns, not home grown, are placed atop I am sure I wont notice !

Evening update:

Hubs just finished laying the membrane:





Cant wait to get the sparkly blue gravel and find some more colourful hardy potplants....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...