Saturday, July 5, 2014

The end of another era.

Yesterday was the last day at my current job. I certainly had mixed feelings about leaving, my for/against list was very weighted to moving to the new job, but my heart really was in my job.It was an amazing place full of amazing people, I will miss all the fabulous service users and the staff team that made it so great. But in the bigger scheme of things the new job ticks more boxes.Although I call it a new job, its actually my old job, the one that I left to go to the job I left yesterday!!

So it was with a sad heart I went to work yesterday, but you cant stay sad long at that place, you are always greeted with smiles and cwtches [ welsh for hugs] . Just after lunch I was called to the dining room, they had made a little goodbye speech for me, the service users commenting on what they had liked about me as a manager, then they presented me with some lovely gifts..

The art group made me 2 pictures





Cupcakes and butterflies..




wishing me well.

Some people decided a bunting was in order




Awesome Angie.


Then there were gifts and cards a plenty. I was well and truly spoiled.




I am so going to miss that place, Although I wont be working there I will remain in contact and attend every event that I am able to do. Whilst its not 'professional' to get attached to service users there are some that really pulled my heart strings, you cant help but make friendships. I will sorely miss that place.

But life moves on and in the grand scheme of things this was a move that I needed to make for my family.I need to be closer to home whilst working, be able to have a job with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.Being able to get back to taking my boys to school/college every day, visiting father in law to take the pressure off of hubby, having enough funds to send no 1 son to amazing places for his animal management and conservation course, Costa Rica, Africa and Borneo, are some that were mentioned on the open day ! The job change is increasing my annual income by £4,500- £5,000. Given that we have 5 years till we start our downsizing plans that's money that could be knocked of the mortgage and increased savings.

Only time will tell if I made the right choice but life is what you make it, mine just needs a little bit of work right now. x


4 comments:

  1. Whenever I changed jobs or left jobs I always told myself that I could only do what I thought was best at the time. It meant that there were never any regrets, which worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true, I shall keep that in mind. Thank you. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Angie, Good luck ion your new/old job :) Thanks for adding me to your "blogspiration" list. We have lots in common, both being 50-yr old managers! I have added your blog to my Bloglovin feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love your blog, so interesting and on my wavelength!

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...