Sunday, July 20, 2014

Saturday.

After a very disturbed Friday night, huge thunder and lightening storms, which kept Max barking all night ! Saturday saw rain and more thunder storms blowing through, I was quite glad as I didn't feel guilty about having to do some housework, loving the weekends is all well and good if you get stuff done in the week, but it had started to build up, which gets me tetchy.. so it was ironing for me..and lovely hubs did some cleaning around the house, then he headed out with the boys to the Regatta down at the harbour-side, Unfortunately I had to finish a report for work, not quite got back into the swing of being able to work from home, but off they headed..in the rain.


.
The boys came back early on the bus, rain had stopped play, they were soaked.., hubs wanted to watch the Newfoundland dogs who were putting on a show, they are fabulous dogs..so he stayed a while longer..

By the time hubs came home the rain had stopped and the skies were starting to clear..typical... and he bought me home a little gift..





he knows me so well, the little heart went straight up on my picture wall, and the magazine was saved for this morning, [I sat on the deck with a large cup of tea and drifted away to Cornwall !! sighhhhhh..]

As the skies had started to clear we decided to sit in the garden a while




I'm really pleased how the garden is coming on, I have accepted that we will never have a lovely green lawn, Max loves to run up and down chasing birds..keeps him happy.. but its looking good..

Hubs had bought a bottle home,





and we just sat there for a while chatting and enjoying the evening....bliss......and I even managed to knit a few rows..

This weekend I really wanted to do some knitting, my weekend sweater is coming along nicely, but its a boring knit and is beige, I wanted some colour, a quick rummage through my Yarn drawers and I came up with the ideal yarn, Rainbow colours.....now I know we are currently having a hot spell, but after a quick search around Ravelry, I decided upon a scarf..quick and easy, can be done and then put to wait for winter!






It should end up looking something like this, but a slimmer version.




picture from Huldiina on Ravelry.


The rest of the evening was spent enjoying a homemade chicken curry and settling down with the boys to watch a movie..A fabulous day that got me back in sync, 

This morning the sun is shining and it promises to be a lovely day, just perfect for taking Max out for a long walk..I hope you are all enjoying your weekend too...











3 comments:

  1. That just sounds like a lovely day! Garden is looking good. We got rid of the lawn and put down purple slate as the dogs kept wearing a race track on the lawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. were looking at alternatives, but cant find anything suitable, his other name is the dark destroyer!!

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...