Friday, July 11, 2014

Week 1 done.

First week of new old job, done. Had a bit of a wobble on Tuesday, wondered what the heck I had done, got to Friday and realised its the stress of others that gets me stressed.. 1 person particularly likes to voice it, and doesn't realise how it effects other, lesson learnt, don't get involved in others angst's, the bits that effect me will be dealt with if and when I need to. Head down and get on with it.. I also learnt that I have very little confidence and don't deal with conflict well, I take it too personally, the job I am in now means that people will get angsty and take it out on us personally, its not us, its the system they are mad at, we are nurses at the end of the day.


Anyhow, less of that moan, this week I have caught the bus to work everyday, and do you know what? I have loved it.. I haven't missed the car at all and have enjoyed the quiet time. Its also given me time to look around, the city I live in is beautiful, but busy.. Everyone is rushing, and don't start me on the cyclists, now I do appreciate its green and healthy, but do they really have to weave in and out of pedestrians on the path? 2nd moan over..



Best of all? this little or should I say big beauty is just across the road from the office....oh dear..




I am in love, its huge and filled with fabrics..I could spend many a lunch break and much money in here, oops, did I just do that today?

yep....




A rather expensive pattern, but I love the kimono style tops, I plan on making the closed shoulder version for me, and if it turns out OK, will make 2 as Christmas gifts, In theory then its great value..

Then as I had bought a pattern I just happen to let some fabric slip into the basket...




Fun gorgeous chiffon, only £3.99 pr ,meter, got 3, enough for the top and some to practice sewing on ..I have NEVER sewn this fabric before and am scared.. I don't have an over-locker, do I need 1? but I did also happen to buy new cotton and needles for the machine.. heres hoping..


Now I must dash, I have to surf the net to find a blog where someone has made this darn thing..

3 comments:

  1. I probably should know what city you live in by looking at your photos, but I don't, so put me out of my misery please!

    Individual fabric shops are thin on the ground now around where I live. I think the big department stores just took their trade. I used to make my own clothes although I haven't for ages - in fact I'm not even sure I can recall how to put a zip in anymore. I do buy bits of fabric for crafting - collages etc - but either buy from John lewis or Ebay. (Oh dear, I personally helped the demise of the fabric shops!)

    I have never sewn chiffon either - sewing silk made me a bag of nerves (we used to have a local silk printing works and the fabric prices were fantastic) For internal seams I just used to trim with pinking shears and then zig zag over that edge.

    Good luck with your top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Bristol, and its a fab fabric shop, absolutely loads of stuff....

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...