Sunday, July 6, 2014

Living the weekend !

Yep...I lived the weekend instead of hibernating!! I actually pushed myself out of my comfort zone and went out! Saturday was spent pottering around doing chores and readying myself for my new job on Monday, packed the work bag, set up the new work diary, that sort of thing.


Then........ I went out.......on a Saturday night.... heavens above what ever next ! I have to say I was very tempted to say no, but I didn't..I didn't make a fuss about what to wear, just wore comfortable attire...now don't go getting too excited... do you want to know where I went?...... our friend had put on a 'quiz' night in our local community centre, so off we went, part of getting a simpler life is about getting to know and become part of our community. We joined a couple who we didn't know but have crossed paths with on dog walks, I actually enjoyed myself...and we came in 2nd... It wasn't until this morning that I realised that I had sat with my back to the room, not the wall!  huh.. I hear you ask? so... I sat without thinking, I didn't panic about how large my rear end was or how I would look, that's a blooming miracle for me..You never know I may just pop along to the community centre more often..


And then this morning I set off out again, no thought to cleaning or ironing..I am getting good at this malarkey, and do you know what, it still gets done, just not in my usual routine, its amazing how simple you can make your life when you take away your own rules!!

We took our lovely boy for a dogs day out..





He was tempted to stay on his blanky sunbathing, but hey If I am breaking out of routine, so can you Maxy boy..

We set off for Gloucester to find a Lurcher and Terrier show that we had seen advertised in a local news agents.Not knowing quite what to expect, or how Max would react, I didn't need to worry, he was amazing, very calm, no barking and no trying to get at other dogs.Hes come along way since we rescued him..

When we arrived it was a real working dog type show, the variety of Lurchers was amazing, I do love this bred, they are hard work, but I think so beautiful. Unfortunately I do not have a good camera, always use the phone camera, so excuse the pics, I did have Max on a lead too, but you will get the feel..





We had a lovely time, but as always teenage boys get restless quickly, and as there were some ominous grey clouds lurking we decided to head back towards home, and find somewhere to let him have a run off lead.We ended back at our local ' beach', its not a real beach  but as close as we can get where we live..







And here I am, relaxed and happy. I still have the ironing to do, work and school clothes don't wait and there is no ironing fairy in our house ! But I'm not stressed, the more I can let go of, the simpler my life gets, I hadn't realised quite how much my baggage weighed me down..

1 comment:

  1. That is a good lesson. My book club is meeting at my house tomorrow and I am trying not to get all worked up and clean the house from top to bottom. I think I can resist!

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...