Monday, July 21, 2014

Oldbury-on-Severn.

The sun was shining so it was up and out yesterday. Feeling suitably refreshed after my lazy Saturday I was itching for a good walk..The boys didn't want to come so it was just hubs and myself, along with Max of course. After some pondering we decided to Oldbury on Severn, its a lovely little village and is part of the Severn way Walk. I thought I'd take my little camera to remember how it photo's , I always use my camera phone now.







The hills in the distance are the other side of the estuary, and what you can see is Wales !





Shortly after the start of the walk you pass the sailing club,




Yesterday they were racing.





To the right of the picture you can just see the 2 Severn bridges,
and below you can see the new bridge just below the old bridge!








Along the way you could see many blackberries , they will be ready for picking soon..

As you turn to the right after the sailing club, you start to walk along the estuary, towards the power station.




















Its a lovely place to walk and is a good hour and a half walk there and back. Max isn't a long distance walking dog, preferring a short sharp manic chase! or a game of catch.. but every now and then I think it does him good to have a long walk.

It was a great walk , and no disrespect to my boys intended, but was lovely to spend some time with hubs.The rest of the day was then spent relaxing and cooking dinner for all us, then settling down to watch another movie.

And now its Monday, back into work mode, but at least its a short week as were off to London on Friday !!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds very relaxing! In my city, we have an Old Bridge and a New Bridge - one built in the 1950s and the other in the 1970s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, its so nice to be able to get out to the countryside and breath!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, is that Giant Hogweed I can see in one? There is some locally which the council has treated, but it keeps coming back. I might have a look this week to see what it's up to. Steer well clear of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be honest, I have no idea what giant hogweed is !!

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...