Monday, August 11, 2014

Rainy day weekend..

The rain came, and boy did it rain.. Sunday was a bit of a wipe out on the going out to do something front! I had hoped to go to a local car boot then walk the dog on the beach.. but it wasn't to be. Instead we had a lazy Sunday morning, tea in bed whilst watching Sunday brunch ! what a novelty, cant remember the last time I had a Sunday morning cuppa in bed!!

As usual I get restless not doing anything, so it was up and at 'em.. after watching Sunday Brunch it had to be baking.. Sunday cake baking, not for me I hasten to add ! a treat for the boys..





Chocolate cupcakes, no topping as no 1 son likes them plain.. and a hot cross bun inspired cupcake/muffin for no 2 son. 12 of each, come this morning there are only 6 muffin cakes and 1 chocolate cake left !!

Then I fancied a spot of sewing.....I ironed my quilt strips ready to sew..





But got waylaid by some sparkly fuchsia sari fabric..so the strips didn't get sewn..Nothing to show on the pink fabric front...managed to work out how to do a square neckline, thanks to you tube, then the darned machine decided to give up !!!! Nooooooooooooooo...... cant afford a new one at present, need to find somewhere to give it a service.

What else was there to do on a rainy day? watch trash tv whilst doing the weekly ironing !! one job done..

Yesterday evening I spent by joining spotify. The plan being that when I have to work in the office, I can pop my ear plugs in , listen to some music whilst typing up, and drown out/ filter out all the stuff that stresses me.. should be worth £9.99 pr month if it works..had great fun adding tracks to my playlist..haven't listened to some of them for years..

crops gathered this weekend....










fresh pesto sauce made..





very yummy, but looking at the quantity of olive oil, Parmesan  and pine nuts hubs put in ,probably not good for my calories !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...