Thursday, August 21, 2014

Socks and a nice cup of tea to end the day..

Feeling the need to relax and banish the grey, I picked up my socks and got me a nice cup of tea!







Add some TV and away we go, into the zone..It wasn't long before I finally got my socks finished





Its amazing what some TV knitting and a good cup of tea can do.Clears the head indeed. How can you not be cheered with a pair of socks like these.. As I was in the zone I had to cast on another pair straight away....



There is something to be said for simple knitting and some colour.

9 comments:

  1. I love those socks! I knitted one sock a long time ago, well actually I didn't even finish it. I would like to give it another go one day soon. What pattern is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a basic sock pattern, just cast on 64 stitches, rib a bit, knit a bit, basic heel turn and toe shaping. pretty quick knit and doesn't need too much concentration.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you. Im loving socks at the mo' Autumns coming..

      Delete
  3. I've been knitting since I was 19, but have never knitted socks, or used a circular needle! It may be time to do both of those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go for it, they are so easy when you get the hang of it, I cant do double pins so always use circulars..and you can never have enough socks!

      Delete
  4. Love the colours!!!!!i wish i can knit those...

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep knitting, you'll soon pick it up, socks are quite easy when you know the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats the recipe for knitting socks?i almost give up because i keep on forgetting the number of stitches or miss one or lose one...i found that crocheting is more forgiving but wish to be qble to knit too....

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...