Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday funday.

Sunday's, don't you just love them when you don't have to go to work on Monday ! Despite the extra hour I could have had in bed, I was up early, no change there.

So up and awake when everyone else slept, what to do? blogged, read blogs, surfed the net, bored...so decided now was the time to cast on my fireside project, I needed a big project, I know I have loads of projects, but I'm a knitter, we have to have loads, right? A different project to match different moods.

My chosen winter project is.....a cardigan... heck, wonder if I'll get to wear it, normally only wear my hand knits if they are for my feet..This project is a staying in and being warm cardigan, not for wearing out. A cardigan for the fireside. I am aiming to get it done for our trip to Cornwall at New year.


This is going to be a cardigan of many colours, stripes, colourful strips, stylecraft DK, so it can get chucked in the washing machine, something I wont need to be precious about. Learnt to do the provisional cast on, thank you you tube! and I'm off. Its top down knit in the round, so once I have the top shaping done it will be plain sailing.Itching to get back to this tonight.

Once everyone was up and we had Brunch,  hubs and I decided to shoot off down to a 'real' beach, with sand as well as mud. It was just the thing for a Sunday afternoon. I love the beach in winter. I love wild weather and wrapping up. Maxy boy loved it too.






Blew the cobwebs well and truly out. Bliss.

Home to get the roast ready and pick up FIL. Found some stale bread in the bread bin, went to throw it out, waste not want not, what to do? Bread and butter pudding ! haven't had that in years.




Easy peasy, cut off the crusts, butter the bread, cut in to triangles, I like them small, put a layer in the bottom of your dish, a layer of sultanas and keep building up. When your done, mix 2 eggs with a pint of milk, 2 tables spoons of castor sugar and some vanilla and pour over. I sprinkle some sugar on top, pop in oven for 30 minutes. Done. Yummy desert  for later! Be interesting to see if the boys like this.

Now all I have to do is eat, do the dishes then sink into a chair and knit the night away. Bliss.

Sunday claimed.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel much better today. Things always conspire at once to get you down, it's good to step back a bit if you can. BTW the wool for your cardi is a lovely colour and that ice cream picci is so tempting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these 4 days off are just what I need, sorting the car, slowing down, knitting! and the ice cream was yummy..

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos as usual. I used to make the bread and butter pudding your way for years then I varied it by not using eggs at all but mixing up custard powder, milk and sugar as if to make custard and then pouring over the dried fruit and bread and butter. Just a variation really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, sounds yummy might try that.thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mouthwatering recipe...good luck in your knitting..i am a beginner..have been crocheting for quite some time..now i am trying to knit the raspberry stitch baby blanket..wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, i'll come and check it out, I crochet too, but knittings my first love! I am sure your blanket will be beautiful. x

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...