Thursday, October 2, 2014

Reconnecting.

Last night I met up with my very oldest friend, I have known her since I was 3 years old. We have remained in contact all those years, sometimes maybe only once or twice a year, but the deep friendship is still there , she is like a sister to me.

Part of getting a simpler life, a life I enjoy, is reconnecting with people that are important to me. So last night we had a friend date. I had the usual 'why am I planning to go out on a work night', 'Its a long way to drive', 'should I splash out when we are going away on Friday?'  but I made the effort, went straight from work so we could have a catch up, then we went to the cinema. Not just any old cinema, its one of the oldest continually running, purpose built cinema's in the world.It opened in 1912 !! Its fabulous.


[photo from clevedon people]

It still has the original organ, and is played at the beginning of each showing


[photo by me]

all the original fixtures and fittings are intact


[photo from view bristol ]

And the film? I have not laughed so much in a very long time, a brilliant poignant film, What did we see? 


[photo from cineworld ]

I totally recommend this film, I will definitely watch it again.It was a great way to spend a night, and so worth going to see, a real heart warming story, loved it.

I am so glad I met up with D, it feels great to have a friend again! someone to share things with, other than immediate family ! some one to moan to, put the world to rights with, and generally have a damn good time !

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for friends. They have been keeping me sane over the last few weeks. It is so easy to lose touch in our busy lives though, it does take effort but it is always worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to have a friend like that, I cherish mine. I have just searched to find a screening of the film, I do like Billy, the trailer is good and the film is on all around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my sort of film, haven't laughed so much! not everyones cup of tea but I think its a good watch.

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...