Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas.

Christmas eve and  the holidays start here. The boys are still asleep, hubs is at work, I have been out and finished the last minute shopping, things hubs forgot when he did the shop, like milk and cream! visited my friend, my dad, the GP surgery, luckily remembered to put my repeat prescription in, and the garage. Phew, only 11 am. I am now safely parked up for the holidays, what a lovely feeling.

Today will be spent pottering about, walking the dogs and generally winding down, no 2 son is now feeling much better which is a relief. we shall just be us, together enjoying our time, making memories and remembering those that are not with us. Christmas is always a time of reflection, both mine and hubs mums died during the festive period, this is the first Christmas without hubs mum. They are sadly missed.

Last night we had the final I don't believe in Santa conversation, no 1 son is almost 17, he'd been hanging on to that dream, but in reality probably stopped truly believing  a long time ago. Now hes coming on board with the ' its not about the gifts, its about family & friends' way of thinking. Quite sad though, that magic has now gone for ever. No letters were sent to Santa this year.

Tomorrow we shall have hubs dad with us, just a small family meal and time spent together, the boys will no doubt stay in their new Christmas PJ's, the hound will have great fun shredding paper, me and hubs will take it easy, sneaking a dog walk in, hopefully on the beach, Boxing day will be spent out walking, then a visit to my dad later in the day, Come the weekend we are off to see the hobbit part 3 The boys are looking forward to that, and we will be entertaining a few friends, its nice to be able to have time to do all the things that we love, and to be surrounded by loved ones.Then we will be counting down to our new year trip to Cornwall..

I wish you all a  very happy holiday .

xx

[ pic from the telegraph]

if you want to check on Santa's progress click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...