Friday, December 26, 2014

Not quite as planned.

Christmas morning arrived with me being the first awake at 7.30, made a cuppa for hubs and me, then went back to bed and waited for the boys to wake. Didn't take long! but how strange to be able to sleep to a normal time, a bit of a lie in for me and hubs!

The boys have always jumped on our bed to open their stockings first thing, I love this quiet time before the day starts, we even let the hound up to join us..


then it was off downstairs to see what was under the tree..


no 1 son decided he was the present giver..whilst hubs and I had a bucks fizz! as he was wearing his new American football hat it was more a catch it if you can present giving !

Max was excited to find a gift with his name on..


He had a great time unwrapping it! it was a box full of doggy delights, toys!

And wow, wait till you see what hubs gave me..



I love taking photo's, the boys call me a tourist! but always use my phone camera, now I have an all singing and all dancing camera..I am so happy, 2015 will be a year of pictures... I am super excited about trying it out.

After the present frenzy, we have always done gifts first thing, they get gifts given over the 2 day period, Christmas morning is our gift giving, everyone elses gifts come later, breakfast was in order, bacon & egg  butties.. yummy.. that's when our plans started to go off course. 

A quick call to check on the father in law found him full of the lurgy and at his age it wipes him out, hubs went up with lemsips and love, but to no avail, he didn't want to come down as planned..What...oh no.... the first year in 15 we have had no parents for lunch...it was just the 4 of us.. it was a quiet affair!

I have to say we had a great day though. After coming back minus his dad, hubs and I took the hound for his walk, boys wanting to stay in Pj's, we stopped at our local for a swift lunch time wine, 



Its great to have our local back up and running, its been closed for quite a few years but the local MP and community group have done a grand job, the garden still needs finishing hence the boards still up by the trees. We sat outside in the sun  looking out across the water, it was glorious, don't be fooled by the picture, it was busy, and so many dog walkers, it was open for 2 hours at lunch time,


then it was back to finish preparing lunch, a call in into say merry Christmas to one of our friends who lives near by, then home to eat a feast for a king.

Suitably stuffed we sat and watched a movie before some  friends popped in for an unexpected evening visit.

It has been a weird but unexpectedly lovely Christmas day, hubs and I feel its a taste of Christmas's to come, the boys wanting to do their own thing and me and hubs spending it outdoors and simple..

Today we will be meals on wheels service to father in law, his Christmas lunch and gifts, its the first Christmas without his wife so I am sure part of it was wanting to stay with his memories, such a sad loss, we raised a glass to our mothers and remembered when our table was once full of family.

I shall pop in to see my father and step mom and then home for another dog walk, a slightly changed plan of action for boxing day,but no doubt another enjoyable day.I wonder what unexpected events will occur today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...