Sunday, July 10, 2016

Finishing off.

As you may have noticed I am pretty crap at finishing anything or seeing anything through. My default option if things get to too stressy or I don't like something is to opt out, hide it or ignore it.

But something strange is happening. I am wanting to finish things, I am actually  making myself finish things. It started with my colouring books, I completed the pictures that I liked, but didn't touch the ones I didn't, some I started but didn't finish. What a waste, these are not cheap old colouring books. So I made myself complete every one of the pictures in the book. When I completed the book I had such a sense of achievement, I carried on. I have 2 colouring books in process and 2 on my bookshelf to finish, am guaranteed to get one as a gift for Christmas.



Now I'm hitting the knitting projects, far too many of them. 

Here's what I found ;

.
Fox mittens, gift from no 1 son for mothers day just gone, definitely a project to finish will come in handy walking the hound in colder months.


socks, love them, this will be my camping project, get this one of the needles and then cast the other on ready to knit the rainy days away...


This has been on the needles for ages, I still like it, its a fireside camping cardi, a warm snug colourful hug for dismal days.I remember putting it down as I hit the sleeves and the rib that runs up the front and around the neck, I need to order some more grey yarn. A keeper,


Planned a s a sleeveless waterfall type waistcoat thingy.. knit in laceweight, so not a good idea, will take ages to get this done, am thinking as I was gifted 2 skeins for my 50th birthday.... may double it up and knit so its a bit thicker, still like the type of pattern, so this is lined up to be unpicked and recycled to something else.


This is a recent cast on. before I took the pic I was sure it was an unpick project, but actually I really like the colourway and think come Autumn this will be a nice little wrap/shawl.. this is one of the projects I chose to learn some new knitting skills, keeping the brain cells working.. short rows and a few rows of eyelets now and again.This is going to be a keeper.


Definitely a keeper, another crochet blanket, now I have pulled it out I may just do a few rows later!


And last but not least, I found my little case stuffed on the bookshelf, then I remembered what project the yarn was for, how could I forget this little beauty


My granny square blanket for the only girly room in the house, my little office, which doubles up as our Cornish friends room when she comes to stay. Most definitely a keeper

I will NOT cast on another project until I have finished the knit ones...
Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...