Monday, July 25, 2016

To walk or not to walk, that is Max's question.


One of the joys of having a dog is having a companion to walk with. That is unless you have a rescue dog that is scared of his own shadow.

Max's anxieties change, there is always daily anxiety but specific responses can change.
Since probably spring, when the farmers started using bird scarers across the river at the back of us, he just wont walk from the house. we go out the front look left look right, then he will decide if today is a good day to walk to the field, if its a no not today, we will go out of the back gate, look left look right and decide. If its still a no, we have a problem..

For the past 2 weeks hubs has been off his feet due to a complete tackle from Max which knocked him to the floor, resulting in a badly sprained ankle, as I don't drive Barry Bongo, I had no option other than try to squeeze  him into the back of my car.I have to say he was a brilliant passenger and just lies on his blanky.
Trouble is, where ever we go, if there's a loud bang, he just wont walk there again,
I am running out of local places to take him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...