Saturday, July 30, 2016

Almost...

Almost there, just 3 more working days then as of Thursday I will be on my summer break
Whoopeee
18 days of RnR and making memories, Cant wait to get down to the coast and just relax

This weekend is all about getting ready, English camping breaks mean you have to prepare for all weathers, after last years disastrous trip,  planning for rain is essential. Hopefully the sun will shine but hey, I like to plan. Over the last few weeks I have been picking up an odd magazine here, a book there, [I like to read] ready to take away, I rarely buy magazines these days, but there's just something about camping that makes me want 'real books and mags' , [gadget freedom], I get quite excited about it
so far the collection is:


Mine !


No 2 sons


My chosen 3 books


Picked these up in Aldi's, junior loves a game and its a nice way to while away the evening watching the sunset.Should keep us occupied if the weather is too bad to venture onto the coastal paths..

Treated us to a new camping wash bag, trying as many ways as possible to reduce what we have to pack into the van, trial and error is helping us get the van as we want it, and to be honest a great big wash bag doesn't have a place in the van..



bought the mini toiletries, just need to pack toothbrushes now and its ready to pack.It fits perfectly into one of my new storage baskets.

I bought  6 of those under shelf baskets, hubs has put a shelf across the back of the van, and these slip on so we have extra storage underneath the shelf too! genius.. probably get 4 under the shelf and then I was hoping to add 2 onto the inside lip when the roof goes up, for keys etc, always lose those damn things camping!

Now I just need to work out clothes storage, we took a suitcase last year, being away for a week, no laundry facilities and unpredictable weather meant a back pack/ holdall  was too small. But it just didn't fit anywhere when we were all set up, during the horrendous weather the damn thing was on the floor of the awning so it got flooded too. I am thinking maybe underseat storage boxes for me.hubs and a small holdall for junior to have up in the roof space with him? Any other ideas out there?

I am soooooooo excited.......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...