Sunday, July 10, 2016

Real Books.

I have a Kindle and a Kindle app on my phone, but this past week I have been craving real books.My summer break is 3 weeks away now and I plan some serious reading. Especially if its raining when we go off in Barry Bongo.I have a stash on my Kindle but my hands itch to get themselves on real books. The kindle just doesn't do it for me at the moment, I think as I spend so much time on electronic gadgets for work, I really can't face another electronic device in the evenings.

So I gave into temptation and hit the local charity shops, sadly there was little to offer, I was quite sad to see books for sale greatly reduced in numbers,  there were plenty of cook books mind you.

Here's my little collection for summer break reading, [so far !] the top 2 I bought from Amazon, I love Celia Aherne and this is one I have not read yet, then I decided to get a lonely planet travel guide for Devon and Cornwall, we visit so often, generally going to the same places, I want to explore and go find new hidden gems, 


I have started on 1 of them, just couldn't resist getting my hands on a book.The pile may well shrink before I officially start my summer leave, so may just  have to take a little walk to the charity shop near work tomorrow to see what they have to offer.

Any suggestions out there for good holiday reads? nothing to deep or requiring brain cells, easy summer reading is what its all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...