Saturday, July 24, 2021

How refreshing.

Despite being woken up very early with thunderstorms it was lovely to be cool again. Its been raining on and off all morning and its feels very refreshing, I can almost here the garden breathe a sigh of relief.

As I was awake I decided to get up and do a spot of early morning knitting and podcast watching. I am still working on my test knit and really want to get it finished.


I actually managed to get the body cast off this morning so its just the sleeves and button band. I cant capture the colour but it is a gorgeous golden yellow. Its a short version with a short of waterfall front. Something I would never wear normally but I am feeling the yellow tones lately. I have decided that if, upon finishing I don't think I will wear the cardigan, I am a fickle creature being a fat woman, the yarn is far too nice to hide away  so I will rip it and reknit into another garment that I will wear.  I am having one of those body versus clothing moments.  Lockdown led me to a style of comfort dressing so now I am going out and about I'm struggling with what to wear and that I feel comfortable in. The extra lockdown and working from home weight gain  is not helping at all.

This also happened this week


I had my hair cut short ! 

This may well be a contributing factor to the clothing issue, I feel bare... it was down past my shoulders, now people can see my neck and shoulders it feels very weird, but also feels cool and fresh. I was starting to feel like I had a pair of boring long grey curtains on my head  and the daily washing after swimming was making it quite dull. I'm sure it will be fine when I get used to it. 

8 comments:

  1. I do enjoy the summer days but it's been far too hot for me just lately, I'm enjoying it being cool again. No rain yet here though. I bet it was nice having shorter hair through the heatwave. I really need to book a haircut, I don't go to the hairdressers very often, I usually let it grow and then have a good amount taken off when I do eventually go. I love the colour of the cardigan, I'm a yellow lover too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. far too hot for me too, gone are the days of wanting to bake myself in the sun !

      Delete
  2. How brave to have your hair cut short - the back looks a nice inverted cut which will be cool and easy to manage - if you feel a bit naked, you could always wear a little cotton scarf until you get used to it! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so much cooler, and yes much easier to manage. thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  3. I think your hair looks lovely, that's a nice style. The golden yellow colour of your cardigan is very nice. We've not had any rain here and it's still too hot for me. I woke early and there was a nice cool breeze coming through the open window but sadly the breeze has disappeared and it's unbearably hot again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you., it feels so much nicer, I'm getting used to it now.

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks great. I expect you're glad of a shorter style in this hot weather, and it will be so much easier to wash and dry after swimming. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the new hair, the fringe has grown to a better length but I do love it short

      Delete

Another day another cast on.

Today is my non working day and I'm feeling pretty much over the lurgy.  The weather is dry and drizzly and I have no plans for anything...