Thursday, July 1, 2021

Just what I needed.

 Well this happened this morning


I went swimming ! [photo from internet as didn't have my phone on me.]

I've been in such a low mood and focusing too much on my weekends away so I decided to take action and get some things going that I used to really enjoy.

Swimming being one of them. I'm not lucky enough to live near the cost for sea swimming but I do have a really close leisure centre. So I dithered about a bit, made sure my costume fitted and went and booked in.

I went this morning before work and loved it. It had to be booked and paid for in advance. There was a really good system in place to be covid safe, limited numbers, lane swimming, either fast, medium or slow pace. I went for slow! I think there were 6 people in my lane, which was actually 3 lanes wide. didn't get too close to anyone and felt safe throughout. Unable to shower after but I had enough time to have one when I got home.

I managed 20 lengths in 25 minutes! So impressed with myself and felt so good after, its really lifted my mood. 

I've now joined the monthly scheme so it works out at £5 per week to swim as often as I like and can even use the gym.I think I'll stick to swimming for now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful and just what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried desperately hard to "get into" swimming regularly before Covid, even signing up to use a small pool in a nearby hotel. It was blissfully warm and sometimes I had it all to myself . . . when everything closed down because of the pandemic I confess I did not mind because I pretty much hated just about every dip.

    You have no idea how I envy those of you who can not only swim properly, but actually enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...