Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A girly Weekend.

Booked way in advance this weekend was something we were very much looking forward too. Friend and I have been friends for 55 years, its become almost an annual traditional to have a weekend away.

The week leading up to it my friend had a heart scare and Covid reared its head again. We were very much undecided as to what to do, but decided to go and try and have some fun.

All precautions were taken and we did have a very good weekend, however I did feel I was playing Covid Roulette all the time. We took all precautions necessary but were really amazed at how many people just didn't bother with masks at all.  I have felt a bit paranoid since coming home so have done a daily LTF tests. So far so good. I don't think I will be looking to go very far afield until this new variant seems to be more under control. 


The view from our hotel window.


That's our hotel behind the wheel. We were on the 17th Floor.



Friday night, Gary Barlow concert. It was actually quite good, oldest friend loves him. He came out and did a few songs about 5 rows in front of us. 




The museum, I love this building.


Visited the German Christmas market, very good but very busy





We walked for miles, I was very good and didn't buy much at all, very mindful that I would have to carry it home. 

The train journey back was a nightmare. It should have been 8 carriages, they sent 4, so everyone was playing sardines, people were standing in the aisles.. They did promote mask wearing though.

I was very pleased to get home in 1 piece, although very tired. I think we are going to wait and see how this whole Covid situation plays out over winter before we contemplate booking anything else in for next year. I'm just keeping everything crossed that I kept myself safe and don't get Covid. Luckily I have had my Booster jab. 

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely weekend with your friend. It's a shame that we're having to be mindful of Covid when going out and about, gone are those carefree days we used to have, but better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does put a damper on it, but as you say better safe and we can adapt.

      Delete
  2. That's a long time for a friendship to last and glad you enjoyed your girly weekend. What a shame Covid rears it's ugly head to spoil your full enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whilst it dulled it I am thank full I still got to spend time with my oldest friend.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...