Sunday, December 11, 2022

A slow Sunday.

 This morning I awoke to a dusting of snow.


It really was just a dusting but it made me smile. I love snow. I actually get snow envy. Living in the Southwest of England it is very rare to get any decent snow now. I am ever hopeful though and this cold snap is making me feel we just might get some. How fabulous would a white Christmas be.

We have no plans for today, again ! instead I am winding yarn for various projects that are in progress and wondering if I will actually get any finished. I doubt it with 3 just 3 weeks of this year left. I then plan to do some reading, make a Sunday lunch, all 4 of us are home together today which is rare these days, and finish the day with a bit of knitting. I am fully up to date with my advent calendar knit now.

This really is a slow Sunday and I am loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

  1. I am also in the South west, Cornwall in fact, and this week I have woken to several White Christmases - with deep frost instead of snow. Brrrr! Originally from Leicestershire, I recall huge snowdrifts, covering the front door and burying my car as it stood at the kerb. Interesting journeys to work! Now retired and staying in, keeping as warm as possible
    - Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough ...