Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A winter of books and yarn.

 

Yesterday was another Covid positive test day, [as is today], it also coincided with Louise Tilbrooks Winter of books and yarn challenge. Reading has fallen off the radar this past week, due to covid and reduced brain capacity. So I thought why not, lets do this. I really enjoyed her summer challenge. 

Louise gives you weekly prompts which you can follow  but its not required. and it lasts for 6 weeks. The weekly prompts are:

  • A book with snow/ winter in its title
  • A feel good book
  • A book with a red/orange cover
  • A book featuring a journey
  • A book that's an older classic
  • A book set in a different period in History.
I'll be honest, I probably wont follow the prompts as I have a whole heap of books to read and as my reading mojo has left me I will just pick up what I fancy. This week I have chosen Legends and Lattes.

Louise also sent out a free cowl pattern to knit. The Twixtmas Cowl.  I went stash diving and found this glorious yarn so have cast that on. Hopefully it should be a quick knit and something to give me a break from sweater knitting. The yarn is Folkestone Harbour DK in Firecracker red. Its 100% merino. I have gone up a needle size to give it a more loose texture. So far its looking good.  Pictures to follow.

Today was another Covid positive test day, so no to my planned Cinema trip to see Avatar 2, The way of water. I had precooked the tickets and this is the 2nd time I have been unable to go. I am hoping it will be 3rd time lucky. Hubby and no 1 son have gone along but one of them will have to come again to see it with me. I so want to see this on the big screen in 3D. Instead this will be another quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough ...