Monday, September 1, 2014

Hollibobbed..


What a beautiful week we all had. The weather was typically English, a good assortment of rain,wind and sun, but it all added to our fun. It was lovely to spend time together without electronics, and see the boys just make their own fun for a change.We poddled about visiting beaches and different towns along the north coast before heading to the south coast to stay with friends for the last 2 nights. I loved it as did we all. It went far to quickly. Here's a quick wizz of our holiday to Cornwall.











The first night was spent in this cute little hobbit house, nestled amongst a little copse of trees, the weather wasn't kind the first night it hammered down, and continued through the next morning.but it was great fun..We then set off for Newquay for the next 4 nights.











we went to Newquay where the boys went mackerel fishing




















We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Bedruthan steps








Had fish & chips on the beach at Marazion








Spent a rainy morning at Redruth on the way to our friends










spent the afternoon on Swanpool beach




And spent our final morning watching the parade of sails on a hill overlooking falmouth, 40 tall ships set sail that day..

We are always sad to leave our little piece of heaven, it took a 5 hr journey to get home with a poorly car, and now its back to normal, school and work starts tomorrow and no 1 son starts college on Friday. But the memories will linger for a long while..

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had lovely holiday, great photos - I felt I was there. ( I signed to get email updates of your new posts- but I never get reminders so I have to just pop over to see what is happening?)

    I have read two years worth of your posts on your last blog... Whew! Empathised with your sense of loss of loved ones and could understand your ups and downs. Love your knitting! Mine has always been so plain and basic. Your spinning looked far more even than mine ever has been too. I use mine for my craft work... The only time I did enough for a (plain) jumper it was so weird and uneven that had to unpick it!

    Hope work doesn't prove too trying after such a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. phew, you were good reading 2 years worth of my drivle ! no idea why email updates not working will have a looksy . and work strangely has been very calm? or maybe its different because i'm rested?

      Delete
  2. You must have had a great time; I love the pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time, I am so jealous you saw the tall ships, my band were playing there but I had to miss it. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tall ships were amazing, i'm just gutted we didnt go into falmouth to see them up close, buy it was SOOOO busy and crowded, couldnt face it, and was very hot..

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...