Saturday, November 22, 2014

All about the eyes.

Saturday morning was dedicated to sorting out the eyes! Got up early and hit The Mall at 9am, beating the Christmas shoppers, fabulous..

First stop was specsavers, they have a fab 2 for 1 deal which includes varifocals. Unfortunately Mr Tax man had decided to take an additional £300 from this months salary, so I had to change plans and look for budget! I was determined not to get sold any add ons, just the lens and frames! And I stuck to it. I had looked at my budget and knew that £150 was the maximum I could afford. As I wear my glasses everyday the 2 for 1 deal means I can swap them around to match my clothing.

Fed up of the usual metal framed sensible ones I decided I wanted colour, I dont wear make up and as I am now silver [ not grey !] felt the need to be brave. I have to say the sales man was fab and really helpful with choosing the right shape for my now very round face! Want to see what I chose?


[photos from specsavers website]


Pretty pleased with them , the black may look heavy but with my predominantly black work based clothes will look great, and I just couldn't resist the purple ones. Total bill was £164, slightly over budget, but mid range varifocal lenses, and the eye test was free. sorted.

Came out and thought I would pop into superdrug for a mooch and look at what I found

[ photo from bodyconfidential]

A brow bar! fate, had to get my overgrown brows threaded, amazed, super quick and pain free, £7 but well worth it, very happy with eye shopping this morning.

By this time the Mall was starting to get busy,I didn't really feel the mood for Christmas gift buying there, same old stuff, most of which will be reduced in the sales, but snuck into BHS and got waylaid in the clothes section, they had sales! something on the Dorothy Perkins rail caught my eye, reduced to half price, do I , don't I , that was the question. I'm still trying to build my work clothes wardrobe, but want things that are duel function, work & play, sod it, so I bought it. Its a light chambray type of denim/cotton, but I love it..


The photo  is not great, but its long, so if I was brave I could wear with wooley tights and long boots, a nice chunky neclace and my new black glasses? sorted. I'm now really tempted to get my hair cut short, will contemplate that for a while.

Very pleased with my morning, even if I did spend £183 on myself. Luckily we had our back pay this month and with my mileage and regular car user payment, I still took home more than I would normally so, despite nasty Mr Taxman, in theory haven't touched my salary! that's my reasoning anyway!

8 comments:

  1. Love the dress/ tunic and both pairs of glasses. It's nice to spend money on yourself occasionally isn't it? ( I bought walking boots last Friday - only £30 but that's a lot from our budget and for me to spend on myself)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a large amount to spend, luckily i had extra in my wages or it would not have happened. That will be my splurge for another 2 years, mind you the way my eyes are golng i may well need new glasses sooner

      Delete
  2. Choosing frames is the chore I hate, luckily last time I got a helpful assistant. Love your purpley ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it was hard work the ones i liked all looked ridiculous on me!

      Delete
  3. Love that top, just the sort of thing I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely find something as nice in my size, its being saved for our new year trip to Cornwall!

      Delete
  4. I love your purple glasses! Your top is just what i have been looking for too! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, its a great top, I love it, still yet to be worn, waiting for our trip away. x

      Delete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...