Monday, April 13, 2020

First sewing Project of 2020


I've been desperately wanting to get my sewing machine out get making, but just couldn't find the right combination of fabrics and pattern. It needed to be a quick easy sew with some fun fabric.
On Saturday I had a little nudge to a fabric shop in Brixham, Brixham Sewing Box, I have popped in here in the past when I have been in the area so was pleased to find their online shop. Sandy the owner is a lovely friendly lady.  The fabric I have bought is


How gorgeous are those turtles

and then this one


Beautiful little seahorse's
Can you tell I am missing the coast?

Pattern wise I bought this

 
Trapeeze Dress from Merchant & Mills
photo from their pattern page..

I am really pleased to see that they are now extending their size range for bigger women. I have loved this dress for ages.  The only downsize is that it is only available in a PDF so have had to print it and now have to stick all the pages together. The cottons will be for summer but I have some lovely heavier fabrics in my stash so could make a few for the winter to wear with t-shirts underneath. It comes with a pattern instruction booklet as well which is easy to follow.

I don't know about you, but I am finding it really difficult to focus on projects which  need a lot of thought. Were going into week 4 of lockdown, and despite still working full time ( at home ) I am struggling with being at home all the time. Don't get me wrong, I am well and my family are well, we are all here together, but boy do I miss my freedom..

So until we can start to spread our wings again I will be trying to find easy projects to keep me busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...