Wednesday, April 8, 2020

WIP Wednesday.


WIP Wednesday, what can I say. I have so many projects on the go this would be a hug post if I showed them all. It seems that I have a serious case of 'Startonitis', made worse by the current lockdown. I have many projects but anything that needs a few brain cells is not happening. What I really want is some great easy knitting.

So I cast on a flax light sweater, using up all my mini skeins from stash, well not all of them the jumper wont be that big. I have cast on the biggest size as I want a lovely snuggly comfy sweater for wearing at home. This is a great free pattern with a large range of sizes. I have a heavier Flax also on the go using Aran weight yarn. Its much to warm to be knitting on that.

This was cast on last weekend and this is what I have so far



it is going to be very random, just picking out what ever colour I fancy when the skein runs out. Cuffs will all be in the dark grey.

Then for another simple project I joined Louise Tilbrook's safe at home KAL. I choose to cast on the fuss free festival shawl, another easy knit. . This is paid for pattern and costs £4.80 but is free until 02/05/20. Details of the knit along can be found on her blog
This was another stash buster, this was pulled out of the stash as it reminds me of sunny days by the coast, something I cant do at the moment...The fibre is Felt Fusion and is their super wash merino with silver stellina. I bought this from Purl a row .


It's got a bit of sparkle in and shimmers just like the beach on hot days. This is the progress from last night.


Both projects are really comforting and keeping me occupied both in the house and garden during lockdown, I also picked up the shawl during a  WebEx meeting today and managed a few rows. Something I would never have done had I been at the meeting in person.. one of the joys of working from home and turning the video off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...