Friday, March 3, 2023

Happy Friday and more yarn.....

 Oops, I did it again...


More yarn purchases. My year of trying to knit down my stash is not going well. But........

I really want a blanket for Stan The Van and couldn't find anything I wanted to make. I did contemplate a temperature blanket but wasn't feeling it this year, maybe next. Didn't want to crochet one so it was down finding a knit one. 

Just by chance I came across this one, the Goose Eggs Quilt and quite liked it. Yes I could have made it from stash, but Lay Family yarns are so gorgeous and they have a monthly blanket club so I get a lovely monthly yarn surprise.  I was lucky in that January & Februarys colours were still in stock so I managed to get all 3 months to get me going. I cast on the first block last night and can genuinely say this is going to be a very addictive knit!I appreciate that this is going to be an expensive blanket, but it will bring me joy in the making and using of. 

I always feel a little uncomfortable posting about my purchases, especially in the current economic climate. But I work hard for my money and what I have left for my personal budget is generally spent on saving for weekends away/holidays, yarn and books, the things that give me balance and pleasure. I only post the good stuff as the work stuff is just plain old boring and takes up 4 days of my week. 

4 comments:

  1. Those are lovely colours of yarn and your blanket will be lovely. Never apologise for what you spend your money on it's your business and nobody elses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, I really love the pastels in this kit.

      Delete
  2. That yarn is gorgeous, it will make a fantastic blanket. It's up to you what you spend your money on and I can definitely think of worse things than yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping so Jo, I really love the colours.

      Delete

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough ...