Thursday, March 9, 2023

Lost my reading mojo...

Its a sad state of affairs when my reading mojo disappears. I have been feeling so tired I have not had the will to knit or read... although I managed a few lines knitting last night on some basic stocking stitch in the round. 

I have been sat with my book pile for the last week or so, starting some then putting them back, but nothing wanting me to read it. Then, as is usual with Instagram, well for me anyway, I had a book suggestion pop up. Off I went to check it out on Amazon , only to discover that I could read it for free with my kindle unlimited! I had actually forgot that I had a free subscription when I upgraded to my new Kindle.  This could be an issue as I can now have a 3rd list of books to read on kindle unlimited! You can keep these books as long as you are subscribed to the kindle unlimited package. 

So I went ahead and 'borrowed' a book

Into a Cornish Wind,  book blurb from Amazon  below.

Kat Maddox has had her fair share of terrible relationships. And after discovering that her latest boyfriend has been hiding an entire other life from her, it's time for a fresh start.

Accepting a job on the Cornish coast, Kat begins a new chapter in Fowey. She is immediately drawn to the beautiful Cornish landscapes and swiftly an old feeling begins to emerge. Ever since she was young, Kat's had a 'gift' - when her paintbrush touches canvas, she's able to see the history of her subject as if by magic.

Consumed with trying to discover what this could mean, she crosses paths with local sailor, Mac. Though this isn't the first, or the last time, they're destined to meet. As Mac and Kat grow closer, she begins to wonder whether she should open her heart to love one more time..
.

I think I've been drawn to this as its Cornwall based, has some historical stuff, magic and romance. I'm actually looking forward to reading it if I can stay awake long enough 😴

Ps, Fatigue is from being very busy at work and an under active Thyroid that plays up now and again, I do take medication and get bloods done, its just one of those things and I think I'm having a thyroid blip.  It will pass as it always does.

2 comments:

  1. My cancer treatment damaged my thyroid and such a difference now I am taking the medication. I feel for you as you have a busy life with work. I hope you return to full fitness soon and your reading and knitting mojo return x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Eillen, the meds do work but occasionally i just get a blip, not sure why. Am back at 10% now though...

    ReplyDelete

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough ...