Friday, March 31, 2023

Weymouth Ripples.

 Can you believe I actually have a completed knit project! Cast on and cast off within a week. That must be a first. Before we set off for Weymouth I wanted a portable small knit project to take, think 6 hrs of potential train knitting. I didn't have anything that would fit the bill so went stash diving and pulled out these 2 yarns.

2 skeins of pure joy. The Perran yarns was a 4 ply silk and camel mix in Ocean Blue, and the skein queen was a  silk and mohair laceweight mix in Oyster Bay. they made an amazing mix. I named it Weymouth Ripples as it perfectly matched the shades of the sea.






This was an absolute delight to knit, very addictive. A simple garter stitch asymmetric pattern Decrease 1 stitch on 1 side every other row, and cast on 1 stitch on the other side every row. It was such a great knit I do plan on another using some more stash, 

4 comments:

  1. That scarf looks dreamy to wear. So lofty and light. I always read your blog but don't always comment because reading on my phone is so irksome to type on. Hope you are well. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your completed knit it looks warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, its very cosy. Definitley a favourite for chilly days.

      Delete

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough ...