Saturday, April 1, 2023

April planning.

 Hello April, I can't believe you have arrived and we have done the first quarter of the year. Where does time go? 

This month my eldest will be turning 25, a quarter of a century. It only seems like yesterday when he was a wee young thing. It's also the 1st year anniversary of Rosie coming home, she has bought so much joy to our family.



Then & now

 
Saturday morning lie in. 

My April plans mostly are around my hobbies, what a surprise! We have an Easter Break away to Devon for a few days[ in Stan the van ],I actually have a whole week off of work. but otherwise it looks like a much quieter month for me

First up went to the real book pile and pulled out 4, I really need to shrink the to read pile. 


So far this year I have read 11 books out of my target of 45, pretty much on track. I've just taken the top book and will work my way down hopefully!


planning  to start it this afternoon with a nice cuppa. Everyone else has gone out so I am going to enjoy the peace.

My poor old spinning wheel has been neglected  or a very long time, this month it is going to get spring cleaned and used.


I've pulled a bag of fluff from the stash so there's no excuse not to use her.


I have no idea how long this has languished in the stash box but it looks like it might be fun to spin. I have a plan to use my handspun yarns on my weaving frame to make a big blanket.

This year I have let my journaling fall to the way side. I started my first journal in 2019 and really enjoyed capturing my life. It was great to look back over lock down and see the many ways we all coped at home.  I have done a basic catch up with my journal so I can start from April afresh, I've also set up the knit journal to help me keep track of all my fibre projects


One of the things I used to include in my journaling was Tarot or Oracle cards. I have quite a collection. On one of my last trips to Glastonbury I bought a new set and haven't really spent much time with them, so guess what. I've pulled them out too.


I may have also bought some yarn for a new project..... Its a crochet project,  an actual crochet garment, not a blanket.... I'll share when it arrives. I'm hoping that a crochet garment will work up a whole lot quicker that  a knit garment!

It looks like it may be a busy hobby month rather than a busy social month which is fine by me.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever your plans for April have a great time. My daughter will be 45 years old this month, I'm with you and can't believe where all those years have gone. Rosie is looking gorgeous and I'm wishing a happy first anniversary to her and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...