Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bump.

Sometimes you need a bump to bring you back to earth.

I've been so wrapped up in working out the logistics of MY life that I tend to forget hubs.
He's a  quiet do'er is my hubs, rarely complains, always says yes and most annoyingly 'doesn't say when hes not feeling too good.

Well last night I had a little wake up call, he called from work to say he was feeling unwell and could I go get him as he didn't want to drive, the old heart atrial fibrillation thing had reared its ugly head again. Hes 2 years post op and we haven't had anything untoward since. I checked to make sure he didn't want to get an ambulance but no he just wanted to come home.

Late evening dash to his work to find that they had called an ambulance, he was having chest pains too.Now I am really concerned. His heart was all over the place, I was quite glad the ambulance had been called. Turns out silly hubs had been feeling unwell for a while.

The problem was now both our vehicles were out in the middle of nowhere and both my boys were home alone, I know, they are old enough but I knew they be worried. Hubs went off to hospital and I headed home waiting for a call to find out where they had taken him.

A tense 2 hour wait, nothing, now worried even more..Decided to call our closest A&E, yep he was there.. the person answering the phone couldn't tell me anything but said she would tell him I called, at least I knew he was awake!

A short while later he text to say they were doing tests but he felt better than he did. Expecting him to stay in A&E for a while I headed to bed until we knew more. 
2.30am he was ready to go home.. YEAH.. 
Up and out to pick up hubs, all was well. no heart attack, just an AF attack, we can cope with that. Worrying that it has started again though. Not quite sure what the process will be now?

When I arrived to pick him up I pulled in by the bus stop at the hospital, which is right outside the entrance, to find this



Yarnbombed .

Managed to get home by about 3.30am, off to bed and next doors blooming builders decided to swap the skips over at 6am !! not a happy bunny. This morning I am knackered so decided to take an annual leave day, hubs was going to go to work !! NO.. hes taken a day off too.

Having a free day, hubs still sleeping, decided I needed to get back to slimming world, [ missed the last 2 weeks due to work], I knew it was going to be bad as have had a bit of an 'eating and drinking social life', and last night did some emotional eating.. But I braved it, and yep, weight gain. Hubs heart scare scared me, I am a heart attack waiting to happen, its not about wanting to lose weight its about having to lose weight. 
So its back to the beginning with that one, AGAIN...I just need to find my will power as seem to have lost it..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...