Sunday, September 20, 2015

More sorting.

What a weekend, I feel like I have not stopped, Murder mystery dinner on Friday night out with friends last night for a meal. 

In between I decided on some more Autumn cleaning, blitzed the kitchen and cleaned all of down stairs.That's alongside the normal washing and ironing fest.There must have been something in the air as both the boys decided to blitz their bedrooms too,  not quite sure what's bought that on, maybe my own downsizing impressed them.

They  have sorted into piles, keep, chuck and charity. Then put what they are keeping away neatly, without prompts for me, Blimey....Its a bit of a shocker. Now I just have to move the piles to its destination, the tip or charity store, hubs is on lates this week, maybe I can talk him into it.

Hubs has been clearing the garden, veg patch and greenhouse, were still getting tomatoes growing, and chillis, well they are huge


Those chillis are longer than my hand.

We've got peppers and aubergines still doing well too. Hubs managed to get a last crop of beetroot in, I love beetroot, so this will keep me going for a while



we've still got the veg patch to finish clearing, there's some sweetcorn, cauliflowers, carrots, and heaven knows what else hubs planted, should get quite a stock in, am sorry I didn't pay much attention to the garden, note to self try harder next year!

In between I did manage to get out for walks with the hound, not too far just out back to the river, it was glorious this morning and when I got down to the river I had a pleasant surprise




The matthew was returning back to the city


even the sea cadets had taken their boat out

All in all a good weekend, no guilt about not going anywhere, happy to stay home and give the house some love and continue with my less is more approach, it seems to be catching on, lets hope it lasts.

Now I'm going to make a nice easy chilli for supper then sit down for some  well earned RnR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...