Monday, October 17, 2016

Back to weekending.

Now the winter is heading our way, with shorter days and longer nights and dismal weather forecasts, the weekends are going to have to be rescued from the drudgery of household chores. I find it far to easy to slip into hibernation mode and spend my days off cleaning. I know sad, but true.

So this weekend past was the first to be weekended. After taking junior to look at the college, we stopped for a Big Mac, he thought it was great, and did a little non household shopping. 
Sunday we managed to get the hound out.. and the sun made an appearance too, what more could I ask for.





After a bracing but lovely walk we headed back home, hubs then surprised us by taking us all out for a Sunday Carvery, haven't had one of those in a while, and it made a nice little break from cooking on a Sunday.

I have read a little,got my spinning wheel out and span some yarn, not done that in a while ,knitted quite a few rows on my shawl, hoping to get that finished soon as I am getting pretty fed up with the long rows now, and generally just had a lovely time.

Unfortunately I now have to fit the household chores in in the week, but to be honest there's not much else to do this week as hubs is on night shifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...