Sunday, October 9, 2016

Just life.

Life continues as is, pretty much a set routine, getting used to hubs new shift pattern now, starting to feel myself settle into the rhythm. No 2 son is now getting the bus home from school, which is fab news for my working life! no more jiggling hours about, if hubs or I are about we pick him up, but he suggested it so I grabbed the offer and ran with it. No 1 son has been told to try and pass his driving test by April, which will completely free up mums taxi service.

The darned hound is still not choosing to walk locally which is a night mare for me as I love walking along the riverbank. We did manage to get him down into one of the fields this week, no 2 son came along and had to walk ahead , once the hound was down there  he loved it, trouble was couldn't get him down there again. I am struggling to get him into my car now as well, so some days hes not getting out till hubs gets home, which is ok now, but come dark nights hes going to be stuffed. Aldi had some car seat covers reduced this week so I snapped one up [ yep still budgeting !]


pic from Aldi

Going to try him on that later, he needs a good run out as hes getting stir crazy. One night this week he had 2 epileptic fits consecutively, which meant I had to give him the dreaded rectal diazepam, it was not that bad actually, relatively easy and he was so out of it he didn't notice, it did stop the fit, he was a bit woozy after but made a good recovery. Pretty scary though, I really did think he was going to die.

The firework season is coming up so in preparation we bought one of those scary noise CDs for dogs, it does not work for max, he doesn't even react when we turn the volume up, the real thing obviously has a different pitch to what is on the CD, he seems to know that this noise is fine ! humpf... I tell you one thing that dog keeps us on our toes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...