Sunday, October 2, 2016

Last Bongo trip of the year!

Thank you to Susan, she found my blogging mojo!!

Back in September we took our last overnight trip of the year in the bongo, mind you given the glorious weather we have today maybe it wont be the last.

We headed off to Glastonbury for the weekend, leaving the boys at home, and planning to meet our friends at an adults only campsite, don't get the wrong idea, its not that kind of site!

Oh my, the site was absolutely amazing, luxurious was not the world, if you are a camper/caravanner/camper-vanner then I would highly recommend The Old Oaks.  if you are not they do have 'pods' to rent.

see that patch of trees, hidden in there is the campsite. 

The site was about 1.5 miles to Glastonbury and well worth the walk, the views were amazing





It was a bit of a steep climb, but once  you get down to the village there are lots of places to stop for a beverage and refresh yourself.

We mooched about the shops and just wandered around taking it all in





I love Glastonbury, its such a quirky place and really appeals to me. 

We have been there a few times so didn't  go up the tour or visit the well, just wandered around the village,  we tried a few pints of cider,and  bought too much 'stuff' so took a taxi back to the site !

Our friends have a fab camper


and cooked both nights as well as providing us with breakfast, [I do have camper envy]

we sat and talked and watched the moon


whilst partaking of a wine or 2.

Early mornings were spent watching the sun rise


listening to the wild life wake.

It was blooming marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...