Saturday, June 3, 2017

New project goal.

After having found my little shift tunic I made last year, I have had a sewing itch !  I really want to get my machine out and start sewing again, I have been following the 'me made May' pics on instagram and have loved seeing what everyone is making. But due  to my body shape most bought patterns just don't fit and I have to do so much pattern jiggling it puts me off before I have even started.

So having a quick surf around the Internet I checked out the sew over it web shop, I love their patterns  as they come with a little booklet on how to make the item, with pictures all the way through, it's great for someone like me who lacks confidence and doesn't have anything over a basic skill level.

Oh my, I am so glad I did, look what I found



Love this little jacket and my mind is already thinking about different types of fabric so I can make different weights for different seasons!

It's the first time I have bought a PDF pattern and so far its been really simple, I just print off each section, you do have the option of taking it to a print shop, but why bother when you can print at home, just the small issue of sticking 32 pieces of A4 together.

 I also happen to have 2 lots of lovely chiffon type fabric stashed away upstairs which would make lovely kimonos for my impending holiday.But that fabric scares the pants off me, its so blooming sheer, I may have to make 1 in a soft drapey fabric first then try and  brave this sheer fabric.


How pretty are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...