Sunday, June 18, 2017

Restless.

This coming week will be my last week after 15 whole years of doing school runs. Junior is in his final week of exams and then that's it. September sees him start at college so it will just be a drop at the bus stop in the village and off to work I go. No more jiggling work hours, no more rushing about, getting to work on time and I am even thinking about going swimming in the mornings on my way to work, what ever next.  

Its a strange feeling, both boys now tower over me, they are young independent men, and I am so proud of them. They have turned out pretty well so far. But its left me feeling a bit weird, No 2 has a plan for leaving college in 2 years time which includes leaving home, and hubs and I are now seriously talking plans for downsizing, its all coming real. I feel like I am in some kind of limbo.

 If you add to that my continued battle of the bulge and the mental fat induced social anxiety I am currently experiencing it feels like this is a real time for change. All roads lead to me, I need to start taking action and making positive choices,or I am just going to end up spending the next 2 years waiting and hiding. 

So I am going to enjoy this last week of school runs with Junior, I look forward to next weekend when we hop  for his prom outfit, I will marvel at the fine young man he has grown into and whilst my body may currently resemble a saggy sack of potatoes, I shall remember that it was this very body that gave me these 2 glorious boys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...